Hey guys!
So a birthday is always the perfect excuse for a lolita to spend on something special and Moi-même-Moitié is going to release some items soon so I am wondering if i should really spend on something from them again. I would not think twice before but I have been feeling lately like I should sell off part of my moitié wardrobe because lets face it, Moitié isn't exactly what you'd consider daily wear. The materials they chose are very luxurious and the look is just not what a regular day item looks like. How many special occasion dresses does one need anyway? I haven't yet because its still painful, because I love them. Why sell them if I love them? I'm a very responsible person when it comes to finances and I am very logical too. But we'll see what happens.
Anyway what are they releasing?
They will finally be putting out the Holy Stained Glass print bag and shirred long onepiece. The bag is going to be ridiculously expensive, I was hoping for a 5000yen priced canvas bag like the divine cross one but apparently this one will be 10000yen. Unfortunately I have it reserved so i can't back out. I'll just hope its not just a thick well constructed canvas bag but something more. :|
The one piece is basically a simple back long empire waist cut with an elastic on the waist area like usual. The print is exactly the same as the one on the bag. Silver shade with shiny details and it is not a border print in the sense that its just on the front area of the jsk and not on the back (only thing I'm not thrilled about). It's not nearly as pretty as the jsk are but they decided not to make those shirred on the back which was disappointing. I just love the flattering shape and thinkm us bigger girls would profit from that particular cut. It is still a fabulous dress and obviously with it being longer i can just wear it with biker jackets and layers daily which is a definite plus. So I am considering that as a birthday option.
That's the one, on the left. I don't think it'll come with the sleeves, but you never know.
Now what's the other option you ask?
This is the most recent blog picture by Mana. I took this from his blog so all credits for all these go to him obviously. This release seems to not be as popular as the previous ones even though there's no picture of the print itself. It seems like the fans of the brand aren't too keen on him looking like an elegant lady rather than his cool visual usual side. I am a fan of moitié for its elegance and the fact that the clothes are very lady-like, not necessarily because Mana owns the brand and I actually usually dislike the pieces that take the collections closer to visual k, like the arm warmers, leather pieces, the printed odd cutsews etc hehe so of course I love this. I also am very partial to anything in that particular shade of green, especially in tafetta sort of fabric types which seems to be the one used (like the blue on the holy queen - still dream about that particular dress btw).
The problem is, I have no idea of the design and i also have no idea if there will be a shirred version of the same design.
Another problem appears: I recently managed to go from 0 green dresses to owning 2 of all the green dresses that were released that I like the best. Very cool but it raises the obvious question: how many green dresses does one need?
Haha.
Those are the options so far, what are your thoughts on the matter?
Love always, Jo



I like the green one!!!!!!
ResponderEliminarHow can you like something you can't see? XD haha
ResponderEliminarThe otherone wouldn't suit me then?
Also don't you think 3 green lolita dresses is a bit too much?
I'm just going through an obcession with royal green in lolita :')
ResponderEliminarI like the other ones too, in blue especially! But I think it looks a bit too much like all the other Motie prints.
Humm those two questions are difficult to answer...
ResponderEliminarLet's see. I think the first screams "redtonic" ahah XD So it will certainly look good on you ! The other one is different from what I am used to see you wearing just because of the color (I am not certain about the cut since I can't see too much xD).
I remember listening you wishing for a long Lolita dress but I always imagined a classic one. That one is cute but the print just seem to me very similar to what you already have.
If you are concerned about how you have too many dresses for special occasions I think none of them is a good choice.
But, if you will sell some of your special occasions dresses, you can buy one of these instead.
If I was you, I would probably buy one dress that I can wear more often but would be also very special to me.
Well, good luck with your choice : )
And thank you for commenting in my blog <3
Thanks miaww. Well i decided i'm keeping everything until i really need the money and i have to really sell something. :P Rachel Zoe's show and her talking about her closet kinda inspired me haha how lame.
ResponderEliminarAnyway I actually have two dark green dresses so its not that "new" and I don't have a single moitie dress with a silver print on it either so it'd be new in that sense. Plus I don't have a longer dress from them.
About easier to wear stuff, those will always be coming and going. I actually recently got a floral iw one just like that. I haven't posted it yet but i'll soon manage to keep my blog more updated. I'm so bad at doing this blog thing XD
Thank you as well!