quarta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2017

Hiatus year

Hello readers,

I feel as if it was just yesterday that I last posted here except it really wasn't. I did not think I could do worse than I did in 2016 but I was wrong. The only 2 posts I have in 2016 were my 2017 new year resolutions post and the post about the vigo blythe convention. I call this the hiatus year because not only did I hardly even wear lolita but also it seems as if my new year resolutions for 2017 are pretty much the same now, for 2018. Sad part is I did manage to lose weight this summer but I gained it all back, so much effort for nothing. haha

About lolita... I do love it, i find the clothes amazing and I find myself wanting to buy new things from time to time but I never want to sell any of my old ones... so that does prove that I like the clothes but I just cannot bring myself to wear them out with confidence and when I am going out with my family I never consider wearing it. Truth is, I don't have the confidence to deal with the attention that comes with wearing it and I fear eventual backlash from wearing it.

I don't know where that will take me lolita-wise but I hope this year things will be a bit better. If my local community wakes up a bit and it becomes more active maybe that'll inspire me to want to get dressed up more. I think age is a big factor... that alonside being responsible for my household's financial survival.

In conclusion I'll just say, being an adult sucks.

4 comentários:

  1. Sinto falta dos teus posts, Jo! Espero que 2018 seja um ano incrível para você <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Que querida! Bom tem sido parado e eu estou sem energia para lutar contra a corrente. <3

      Eliminar
  2. Age can be such a huge factor when it comes to alternative fashion :( I wish you a 2018 full of meetings and lolita-related good memories <3 <3 <3
    I hope we'll meet again in 2018 <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you so much. I must regretfully inform you that those wishes did not materialize as there has been none of that lately. 2018 seems to be worse for lolita than 2017 was.

      Eliminar