Hey everyone,
I am one of those people who love to have everything showing in a room, its so much practical than storing it somewhere. However this is also pretty unesthetic. It also brings up another problem which is dust. Having things outside of proper storage makes it easier to have more dust in one's house/makes it harder to clean) so I am finally giving in to the idea of getting storage for everything and am going to start thinking about new solutions. Since I can't get new furniture (for several reasons) I am going to start by recycling boxes.
Usually the places I get shoes from don't offer a box with them (shopping mall stores) and when I buy lolita shoes I mostly buy them second hand. This means that the boxes I have are not the ones they originally came from or I just don't have them at all. Also, having shoes in boxes, makes it harder to get dressed.
So I decided to re-use boxes and just decorate and tag them with a small photo of each pair on the outside. I will just pile them on a corner when I'm done and hopefully it won't look too bad.
1. First thing I have to do is count as many pairs I own and has many boxes I have at home. If I have more shoes than boxes, I'll have to ask friends for them or just make them myself.
2. I have to go paper-hunting. I don't think I want them all in the same paper, i'll probably pick two different styles that go well together so the end result isn't very boring looking.
3. Buy the proper glue. It has to be something strong that doesn't leave stains on the paper.
4. Take a photo of every single pair of shoes and print them in a size that fits the side of the box that'll be showing when stored.
5. Just glue the paper onto the box, add the photo and whatever else I feel like using to make it look nice.
6. Enjoy a dust free environment. <3
ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
If you are one of those people who have more boxes than shoes what about also making bags out of them? I seriously fell in love with this idea but I will not have any boxes left when I'm done. A makeup "trunk" done with fabric and a cute handle would be a great project to start.
This post has been brought to you by people with allergies.


What a nice idea ^^ I keep my shoes in the bottom of my closet, but lately I'v been running out of space... I like to have things scattered around too, but yeah, that dust kills it for me ;_; specially the figurines, they collect so much dust in the details!
ResponderEliminarHave fun decorating your boxes :3
That's exactly what I've been doing but it does get really dusty so i need a change. I still haven't done this though, i'm a bit under work related stress right now, so much stuff to do... but hopefully I'll take on this project soon.
ResponderEliminarThank you so much for commenting. <3