quinta-feira, 24 de maio de 2012

The birthday month

Hello everyone,

This month was odd for me, there were a ton of birthday parties to attend.

I think the first was a work mate's birthday party. We went to a lovely restaurant that had portuguese food made with a modern twist and a very cool relaxed and elegant atmosphere. I don't usually go to that sort of restaurant with the girls because they are younger and usually nobody wants to spend more than 15 euros on a meal so I usually only go with my husband. It felt nice to go in a group for a change.

The last but most important one was my husband's. It started with us going to the doctor's office (but for a good cause), then i got him a new wrist watch and later I treated him for a dinner at his current favorite Japanese restaurant. It has a pretty pleasant evening actually and I'm sure he was very happy which is what matters.

The second birthday I attended was the one i'm mainly focusing on. [url=]Lucythewhite[/url]'s.
She didn't just have a birthday party, she had two birthday parties that went on throughout the entire weekend. o.o She had a diva birthday.~
The first party was a dinner with all of her friends which was a lot of fun. Then on saturday and sunday we had a lolita sleepover meeting at her place.
This is obviously the one i'm going to post about.

We were asked to go to her place somewhere in the afternoon. Of course i went a bit later since we were going to spend the whole weekend there anyway haha but eventually i got there. She was baking when that happened, making a cake she said so I actually arrived just on time.
Everyone else was already there and all the girls looked really cute!
We took outfit shots and chatted the whole time while checking out the lastest lolita collections and browsing Gothic & Lolita Bibles.
Outfit: Dress (Mary Magdalene) Shirt (Primark), Bolero (Innocent World), Socks/Bag/accessories (offbrand) & Shoes (Queen Bee)
After that we had dinner and cake and played a ton of pictionary. It was a lot of fun and some ridiculous drawing skills were shown. haha
We also pretty much violated Lucy's closet and I got to try on Btssb Alice's portrait ribbon jsk + bow and the Innocent World Viennese Waltz as well. Aww i kinda look cute in her sweet style. Weird but cute.

The next day we all woke up a bit tired and late... and everyone was very lazy too. We had a 30min talk about who should take showers first haha and then everyone one by one started doing so.
I decided to do the dishes and Carla volunteered to make lunch so she went out to get ingredients.
We chatted the entire morning about this and that and it was really nice.
We ended up eating a wonderful curry dish and getting dressed after lunch. After that we got lazy and took photos indoors again and watched harry potter.
Outfit: Dress (Metamorphose); Shirt (primark); Socks/bag/accessories (offbrand); Shoes (queen Bee) & headbow (handmade - gift)
Some girls left and some others decided to go to a chinese restaurant and have dinner.
After that we all left and said our goodbyes.
It was very tiresome for me I must say but i had a blast. We should def. do something of the sort more often!


So yes, a ton of birthday parties, not something that happens to me very often but it was fun!
Speaking of which mine is coming up and I have no idea what I want this year. I usually would ask for a moitié dress but i must admit i'm not really dying for one at this time. I might ask for another blythe doll but also not sure which one to get. Speaking of purchases I also have not been making any recently. I only seem to buy things when they are very special or something I really want. I got this new bonnet from Triple Fortune. It's not THE triple fortune bonnet but its a very interesting piece. One of my biggest pet peeves with bonnets and complex hats is that they need to be tied in the front with a ribbon and that sometimes makes me look bloated so when i saw this I knew I had to get it. it's a mini half bonnet that works as an headband. How cool is that?
Photobucket 

And that's all for now. I hope you liked reading!
Jo

13 comentários:

  1. O bonnet sem as fitas fica tão giro jo!!! btw cortaste o cabelo? Ficas bem com ele assim xD

    Continuo achar que na primeira foto parece muito mais magra! Até o fla disse! Ai ai miss jo tenho de lhe cozinhar bolos~!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Olá fla fle fli flo flu!
      Sim cortei à algum tempo. Achei que era mais prático para o trabalho e para o verão e realmente já parece mais forte também. (deve ser so impressão)
      Acho que aquela foto engana, estou a sentir-me gordissima! :| Anyway depois vês.

      Beijocas

      Eliminar
  2. The first outfit is amazing, I really love it! I also like your new half bonnet, you always look perfect with everything :P! It's really strange but I also had a lot of birthdays in May, like 4 parties ahah

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Oh yes yes perfect haha bah but thank you <3 It's kind of you to say so.
      I never have birthday party invitations and i also got something i'm very excited about, a wedding invitation! It's going to be my first wedding ever since i stopped being a child.

      Eliminar
  3. What a lovely dress on the first photo!
    But I really like the dress on the second outfit, I love the color ♥ You look beautiful! And the bonnet looks wonderfull :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you. I was actually considering selling it but i paid 350 euros for it and if nobody gives me 300 + or - I have decided to just keep it. I don't wear pink very often and i get really scared of getting light dresses stained by simply sitting somewhere or something. XD
      The second dress was a wishlist item, i really love that shade of green in lolita, wish i had more green pieces.
      Thank you Ni, you guys are the best. I even feel like wearing lolita right now and lately i haven't been feeling much like it to be honest. It always happens when the heat comes.

      Eliminar
    2. Yes, I can imagine that you don't feel like wearing lolita now, with the heat. I also don't wear it as much as I want because of that.

      The green dress is a beauty, there really should be more dresses in that color indeed ^^

      Eliminar
  4. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. You look cute with Lucy's clothes! hahah Seems you had a fun night!
    2 parties, she is a loved person :D

    Both of your outfits are so pretty! Queen B has awesome shoes o_o Thanks for the link btw ^^

    Pretty bonnet!
    Birthday coming! Same day as international meeting, right? I'll try to show up, my life is crazy now~
    Hope you can find a nice present for yourself!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I have to be honest, there was one dress i tried on that i fell in love with, an ETC polka dot dress with ribbon print on the skirt hem. It really looked nice on me and i want to steal it. She is aware and is currently holding onto it very tightly haha.

      I love their shoes, they are affordable, confortable and i find the staff to be very helpful as well. I love shoes, its not even healthy. XD

      Yes, i can't believe you remember the date!
      I hope so too but i've been kinda bored with lolita lately and all i feel confortable with is black and every time i open my wardrobe and i see all that black it gets me so depressed. Still i can't part with them. It's just odd.
      Thank you for the lovely comment Haku and no need to thank me for the link. I'm always glad to help out. <3

      Eliminar
  6. Aw a lolita sleepover sounds like fun!!

    I love that TF bonnet! I've got a full one and it's so heavy XD Your half-bonnet seems wat more convenient!

    Very lovely outfits as well! How come you are not wanting a Moitie dress though? :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. It is, you and your friends should totally have one too. But the host needs to have some sort of talent for it... i mean if you don't take care of the whole thing the program won't be followed. I'd just wear pajamas and eat cake the entire weekend if lucy didn't tell us to get dressed and the like haha.
      I want that full one you own, i've wanted one for years and years but never found one. It's one of my dream items.
      I dunno, summer always puts me off wearing lolita to be honest, it might be that. That and i feel confortable in black but looking at all my black stuff makes me bored as heck. It's just me being weird as usual.
      Thank you for the comment, i really appreciate the support, especially these days. <3

      Eliminar
  7. you looks very pretty *__*

    http://diesichigo.blogspot.de/

    ResponderEliminar