segunda-feira, 28 de setembro de 2026

Altering brand

 For decades, the topic of altering brand has been a bit controversial. I feel that in the last years people have become more embracing of the idea. 

I admit that, for me, this was also tricky but after trying to sell something that did not fit and not wanting to sell it for less than what I think the piece is worth, I finally gave in and went for it. 

 

The piece in question is the Excentrique Countess Corset in ivory. I adore their corsets and I figure I would risk getting this one. When it arrived (and despite me being slimmer) It almost fit but not confortably. I figured I'd just wear it when I lost a couple more kg. That did not happen, on the contrary, It became even smaller for me...

https://cdn.lolibrary.org/images/608bb45c-70dc-5747-a0d8-063d0939ac8e.jpeg?width=300&height=300&fit=boundshttps://cdn.lolibrary.org/images/0ab26712-a51b-5ddf-a76c-1af0a4be8d27.jpeg?width=300&height=300&fit=bounds 

  After years of being in my closet unworn I placed it for sale. It was listed for months and then, after realizing i'd have to lower the asking price, I decided I did not want to. I finally has decided to my very first alteration on a brand piece. 

 At first the idea was just to remove the fabric panel from the back but my mom has some sewing skills and told me we should add some extra panels on the sides. She found a piece of fabric that would work and we spent some hours making the alterations.

 Although in my body this piece looks a bit less interesting than on the manequin, I am happy that I can finally wear it if I feel like it. And with the alterations I can wear it if I become smaller as well. 

Can you see the two different panels on the sides? The fabric is the same color but without polka dots so it is noticeable. The best we could do.  

I am a very boxy shaped person and obviously being a size euro 44 means I'm wide.. but i still like how it looks. I have yet to try it with a coordinate but I did put something together that I have never worn.
I paired it with an offbrand blouse, a capelet and skirt set that I kept from my own brand, Améthyste and a meta headdress that's a bit too light but does match the lace on the capelet. As the set also has a bit of sheen to the fabric i think it matches well. 



What about you? Have you ever altered brand?

I'd love to see what you altered!

 

Love,

redtonic 

 

 

 

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário