quarta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2014

New residents

Hello everyone,

I'm afraid this will be another very non popular post on Bjds. I only got one comment on the last post so I assume most of you possibly even dislike dolls and bjd in particular. If that is the case then I apologise and warn you that I am falling more and more in love with them and will therefore update on my bjd familly more often. :|

Anyway last week I went a bit nuts and decided that this month would be a bjd month. I have a budget for what i can spend monthly on my hobbies and my december/january budget was used here. I ran accross a seller with two bjds for sale. One is a doll that is in my wishlist (the one in the previous post) and the other one was a msd doll.
Now as much as I adore bjds and especially the SD sized ones I have a problem with them too and that is, being too big to carry everywhere of course but also posing. I find that there are very little poses that I can manage with those girls and that's rather frustrating especially for photos. There is a girl in our local bjd community (much more active than the lolita one I'm afraid :|) who is a msd size fan and her girl is perfect for posing, she can pose in several ways and it got me even more frustrated so i figured since the other doll was msd and had double joints I should get it and see how i get along with that size.

After waiting for a week, my package finally arrived yesterday.

The inner box was shipped in a Luts Delf outer box which got me dreaming to own a luts doll like i initially had planned, years and years ago which is a problem. The package came from the Uk bu UPS and was in great state as you can see.
 
Then I took out the actual bjd company box, this one from Little Monica. The box has some dents but then again so does the one i have from the one time i ordered straight from peakswoods so that did not bother me. The box is not as pretty as i had thought it would be, the color is matte black and its only got a sticker on top with the brand details and logo. It's not ugly though, peakswoods's are nicer I must say.
 
This is what the inside looked like when i opened it. Since there are two ladies in there the seller completely covered both in bubble plastic and stringed them together as well. They were well packed and safe. There were some postcards from Little Monica included and a small fabric pouch which contained a piece of underwear, the eye case and two bits of magic sponge (which is what you use to clean the dolls when there are some dirt marks on them).
 
The first doll was the smaller one, the MSD. She is a Flora from Doll Leaves in white skin with default faceup. Her skin tone is the same as Peakswoods white skin tone. Very similar. Just like other cheaper msd dolls her resin is a bit plasticky but i've seen worse. She has double joints so she posed well but the strings seem a bit loose in the leg area... i might have to look into that.
In all honesty, considering this doll cost 3 times what my usual sd girls cost, i do not regret the purchase at all. I wish i started liking msd more because in this size getting a big familly doesn't seem too painful nor does finding the place to put them.
I do not like her lips so i will remove the ink and consider what color to use and cover the whole lip area this time. I don't think geisha lipstick works on a doll this size.
 
She does not own a single piece of clothing or wig so i just put on these sd items and wig on her and made sure they would sort of work for these photos. She does look good as a red head though.
 
My main reason for this purchase came next. She is a Little Monica Ryuhwa in white skin and default company faceup. She is a little bit taller than my peakswoods girls but not really noticeable unless you are looking to really compare them. Her body seems a bit slimmer too like she's more grown up than they are in a way. I especially love the way her legs are shaped. I also really adore her hands probably because both my peakswoods girls have the exact same hands. One came with an extra pair that looks the same which was sort of disappointing.
 
In terms of her posing... well i don't really understand strings and how dolls are supposed to pose very well and she is a second hand doll. She stands ok, better or at least as well as my other girls. The only thing i dislike is the torso, when she sits she seems she's slouching because i need to click her torso a few cms down and it creates that effect. It's not that relevant to me but it might be to you.
I also love her color. Both my other white girls now seem a bit yellow compared to this one, she is really purse milky white and i like that better. I love her, i'm really happy i got her, she looks very different from my other two girls who look similar between one another.
Here's a comparison shot:
Little Monica
Peakswoods (x2)
Doll Leaves
 
Oh that is one of the dresses I have made recently out of the clothes that my daughter has outgrown. I don't think she ever even wore the original dress this was made from. Isn't it a cute dress?
Also yes, she sits with her legs open, i think i must have someone check what's wrong with that, if anything is wrong.
 
And because it would not be nice to end this section of the post without posting photos of Anne and Aléxia, there you go:
 
 
And that's all on BJD for the day, hope you enjoyed reading!
Love,
Jo
 
Ps. If you have an idea for names for the new ladies you are more than welcome to make suggestions. I will also appreciate suggestions on what sort of look they would look nice in as I need to make or buy them new clothes soon.

2 comentários:

  1. You've got really pretty girls! I love the dress you made for her!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. yay i got a comment on this entry! I'm happy to hear you like my girls! I think the dresses turned out ok, i'm glad, <3

      Eliminar