terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2012

Summer = Fruit prints

Hello again,

I haven't been wearing lolita very often lately. There just have been almost no meetups this summer (i was expecting more since everyone is supposed to be on vacation from school at this time) and I just don't wear it at this time anymore, i'm into low profile boring clothes at the moment. Looking quite boring actually, I never take photos of myself in my daily stuff otherwise i'd bore you with some shots.
Actually my digital camera was sent to the supplier for some fixing, it started to focus really terribly. We've had it a little over a year which is a disappointment.

Anyway we did have a small gathering 10 days ago (1st of July) to say goodbye to kirarah. She's from Madeira (one of the Portuguese islands) and she will be back for the next school year, around september so its a "see you soon" more than a "goodbye" I suppose.
Anyway in good redtonic fashion of course my outfit wasn't planed at all but the fact that it was warm and I hate wearing lolita when its hot did end up setting the tone for what I eventually put on when i was getting ready.

For some reason, hence the post title, I always feel like wearing sweet lolita in a very casual and toned down way in summer. It's not really that my gothic and classic dresses aren't suitable for this weather ( I actually feel most my moitié dresses are as thin or thinner than my sweet pieces) but something gives me the urge to put on something a bit more cheerful.

When my friend lucythewhite told me to wear something I hadn't worn for a while I just picked my Angelic Pretty Strawberry ribbon jsk + socks set straight away.

I also had a matching bolero that I never had worn yet so i went with that very simple coordinate. No wig, no huge makeup on, nothing, just something comfortable and simple. The only problem for me was that i actually own almost no footwear that is suitable for sweet.

Angelic Pretty jsk, socks, bolero. Aatp wrist cuffs. Iw parasol. Heart E headband and offbrand everything else.
Another shot, this time without the parasol. 
Group shot, I wasn't the only one feeling the urge to wear fruit prints! hehe :D
So in light of this i have decided to leave a small list of some pieces i really like that have fruit patterns in them.

*not my shot so let me know if you want it removed*
Emily Temple Cute (the black version, fully back shirred)

Angelic Pretty MIlky Berry (black prefered, fully back shirred)
Angelic Pretty Milky Berry socks. Any socks with fruits patterns that would match <3

A presence on my wishlist for a long long time: Metamorphose Berry Stripe op or jsk (black or even ivory)
Innocent World strawberry bag. I adore this bag. <3
Anyway that's it for now, I hope you enjoyed this post. I really love reading all your entries so keep them coming. Also if you know of any other blogs that i might like reading, please send me some links, i'd appreciate it.

Love always,
Jo

19 comentários:

  1. I feel that way too - toned down sweet seems more suited to summer. I really like your outfit too! The straight hair + red + black combination is very elegant and sweet.

    Milky berry is one of my faves!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I'm glad my logic really does make sense then. ^^
      Oh thank you, that's very kind of you to say. <3

      Eliminar
  2. Fruit prints realmente combinam com o verão! Seu outfit está lindo como sempre, e o sapato combinou bastante.

    "The straight hair + red + black combination is very elegant and sweet. " (2)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Oh que bom que gostou, eu quando visto algo simples me sinto sempre... algo... feia nao diria mas... não sei bem explicar. ai ai que complicada sou.

      Eliminar
  3. You look lovely! It's nice to see your own hair for once ^^ And fruit prints are perfect for summer! I always tend like sweet prints more in the summer, and feeling the urge to wear something more sweet than gothic :p Light colors are perfect for the warm summer days. And I really like your shoes and bolero. Red and black color combinations = ♥

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks Ni! I used to wear my own hair with lolita all the time but then i got a cut and now i can't dye it black anymore so i really don't like to. It's so much easier to put on a wig. I do miss my big hair up styles though.
      You look so cute in sweet, i really love seeing you in sweet lately <3

      Eliminar
  4. Aww you look so adorable in sweet!
    Those pieces of fruit items are so nice, I love how everything looks so fresh when there's fruit involved.
    Looking at my own wardrobe, I have 2 pieces with strawberries on it, even though I'm not a fan of strawberries XD

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. hahaha i really like strawberries... i don't like strawberry iogurt for some reason but everything else i simply adore. <3
      I have two strawberry print dresses too! ^_^; but i've been thinking it may be too much and maybe i could trade one of them for something else. Maybe this set since i have it the longest.
      Thank you for the comment Chrissi, i appreciate it.

      Eliminar
  5. Você está linda :D
    Nossa! é o seu cabelo!!! E eu gosto de sweet assim, ótimo para o verão.
    E, menina, nem parece que está grávida! Não sei onde está reclamando que engordou ou que está com a barriga grande, está ótima!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. ah mas eu usei tanto meu cabelo com lolita, ultimamente nao tanto porque agora esta curto e custa fazer coisas bonitas com ele mas usava imenso.
      Bom os meus vestidos sao todos empire waist, acho que disfarça um pouco... mas engordei 5kg, apetece-me deixar de comer mas depois deprimo e como ainda mais ai ai aiiii

      Eliminar
  6. You look so cute! Red suits you extremely well!<3

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Missus, you don't need a wig. Your hair looks absolutely fab <3

    You look amazing as always.I love, love your cardigan.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. You can borrow it if you move closer! Hows the married life going? :D

      Eliminar
  8. You always look absolutely fantastic. A true lolita goddess!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I think you are exagerating but i do appreciate it anyway XD
      Thank you for being so nice! <3

      Eliminar
  9. For not planning, your coord came out amazing! Even down to the shoes~ I love it :3 And yes, I am dying to find a fruit print too xD But I can't really spend a lot on clothes at least not until after Otakon lolol

    ~ Kieli ~

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I never plan, i'm terrible at being organized, you can ask all the lolitas around me. I usually actually make fun of (while admiring them at the same time) the girls who plan their outfits 2~8 days in advance. It seems really odd to me.
      Aww i remember when i was a convention fan dreaming of going to otakon. Not anymore, now i dream of tea parties XD
      Thank you so much for the constant support. We should chat sometime. <3

      Eliminar
    2. Ahhhhh I never realized you had responded to this I feel so bad >< I never get notifications when I get responses to my comments on other blogs Dx

      Yeah, cons are fun! I hope you can attend Otakon one year! ♥ Oooooo tea parties sound awesome too! I never been to one >.<

      Awww you're welcome! I love your blog ♥ Yes, we should definitely chat!!!! ♥♥♥

      Kieli~♥

      Eliminar