quinta-feira, 14 de junho de 2012

Happy Birthday to me

Hi again!

Back so soon, I know.
Well last saturday (9th June) was my birthday. I turned 29 and am feeling quite old at the moment.
I had fun! I didn't have a regular birthday party this year, instead we had a lolita gathering. The reason for that was that on that exact same day there was an International Online meeting scheduled and because we thought it was a fantastic idea, the Portuguese community really wanted to join. In light of that happy coincidence we ended up having both events in one.

It had to be in someone's house for technical reasons so we just crashed my own. I asked the girls to help out by bringing food and drinks because I knew I wouldn't be able to feed them all. They actually brought more than i thought and i ended up drinking coca-cola for this entire week. I think there's still some left haha. Oh dear not good for my figure and health!

Anyway everyone arrived really early so i ended up having to get dressed quite fast.
We just laughed and chatted a lot until 6pm (scheduled time) and it was fun. At 6 we turned on the webcam and begun the chat experience. I've got to say it was somewhat disappointing in a way.

Yay for Portuguese lolitas!
We were expecting people to be a lot more organized, to have some guidelines on how to conduct the event and also that there would be so many people wanting to join in that we would have to browse a ton of different rooms to meet everyone. That wasn't the case. In fact i think some people weren't even in a group and i hardly saw anyone carrying their country's flags like requested.But on the other hand it was fun to see all those people and i saw some people i admire and like a lot. Everyone was really nice to me as well, they all sang me happy birthday and i ended up crying like the baby I am. So other than the organization it was amazing and i'm sure that, in time, this idea will grow and turn into something a lot more fabulous! I absolutely recommend taking part in it in the future.

Anyway after that we took the obligatory outfit shots and ate birthday cake, blew candles etc.
I really like this photo and i love those sparkly things too, i'm like a kid!
Cutting the cake! I know plastic tablewear is not very fancy but its practical!
 
It was also a European Championship game day for us.We went against Germany and lost. Upsetting, not the best birthday gift from my national team. haha

What I wore that day. MmM dress, Meta bows, Handmade headdress, IW cardigan, VM underskirt, Bordello shoes. <3
Silly face from someone who was happy. Thanks for the awesome party guys!
Some of my birthday gifts:

Photobucket
My presents include: a boater hat, a new bag, a pair of argyle socks, necklaces, a little pet shop blythe, stationary, the new G&lolita bible, Diablo III (YAY), a lovely angel box with bath scented foam and shampoo etc. <3
I also got myself some lolita things (small things) but they hadn't arrived yet so i'm not including them.

18 comentários:

  1. The color of the wig suits you very well ^^ And happy birthday! :D so many people are born in June :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. That wig was so cheap. I think it won't last very long though. Yes! My grandmother and my dad were both born in june too!

      Eliminar
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous! I love that dress on you, the outfit is amazing! I also like the presents, you received a lot of lovely things!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you Hyrule. It was a really nice day indeed. It was very bad weather outside but i didn't even notice it! Just wish portugal hadn't lost.

      Eliminar
  3. It was still fun to see you on the webcam with your lolita community ♥

    I got sick while we were also in the chatroom, so I didn't stayed for long because I needed to go home. Hopefully the next time it will be better organised, but for a first time, I think it went alright ^^

    I loved your outfit, and you have gotten wonderfull gifts!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Oh gosh i didn't know you got sick! You looked so pretty! i love your smile. ^_^;
      I am really glad with this year's birthday celebration, it was a lot of fun and everyone got gifts... i didn't tell them to!

      Eliminar
  4. Happy Birthday :) Looks like a really pleasant gathering!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you so much for the birthday wish! It was a really nice one indeed. I had fun!

      Eliminar
  5. Parabéns novamente!
    Adorei ver todas mesmo que pela tela do computador :3 e foi legal ver vocês cantando parabéns!!
    Quantos presentes :D
    você ficou me devendo seu endereço, poxa! Podia ter mandado um ;_; má!
    E você estava muito bonita!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Oh não queria que você gastasse dinheiro. Não faz diferença mesmo. Muito obrigada Haku, eu também adorei ver-te pela cam. Gostava mais que fosse ao vivo mas não se pode ter tudo. <3 Beijo

      Eliminar
  6. Awww... I'm Late!!!!!>.<!
    Happy birthday Jo!:)
    I haven't talked to you for a while..How have you been?:P

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Aw thank you thank you! I feel old!
      I've been ok, work is almost over and summer vacations are coming. ^_^;

      Eliminar
  7. Wah! I need to be more up to date with my blogs Dx Happy VERYYYYYYYY belated Birthday! You look beautiful in your coord. Very nice thing to do instead of just a regular birthday party. Even though things weren't organized for the online portion and the team lost, you still had a great time. I think it was a success :) Thank you for sharing! ♥

    ~ Kieli ~

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you for the kind words kieli! I'm really glad you think so!
      Yes the team lost but hopefully they still went through! I'm excited for tomorrow's game. <3

      Eliminar
  8. This is a very late happy birthday! Tiago told me it was your birthday on the precise day, but I totally forgot, so sorry :x
    It's great that you had a party / meet like this, it's always different from the regular party with dinner out and stuff like that. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. So sorry i missed your comment! Thank you Alda, don't worry about that though.
      I haven't had a normal birthday party like that for a looong time. Now i kinda feel like doing that on my birthday!

      Eliminar