segunda-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2011

originality

Hello everyone!

This weekend we had a small friend gathering and one of the things that it lead to was me thinking about originality in how one coordinates.

I used to be 100% all for people being original and creative before but I think things have changed a bit. You see before everyone did actually coordinate everything the same way. We'd just get a dress figure out if it is sweet or gothic and then just go with plain white socks/shoes for the first and black socks/shoes for the later. But... you actually got to a point where people are so thirsty for being different that they forget that they already are different.

I think basic, clean coordinates are totally under-rated. They are the new style thing to be looked down upon (just like metamorphose always has been when it comes to brands) and its a darn shame if you ask me.
I found myself missing things that we took for granted like a simple clean innocent, adorable, sweet lolita coordinate.

So its with great joy that I saw that the new aesthetic theme for the international lolita community for February 2011 is "old school lolita" which (even if it is kinda odd for people who have been around for some time) includes this topic i focused on I guess.

While I do like putting a bit of my own personal taste/touch into all my outfits and even if i was never the type to wear full sets all the time I admit that i will take a traditional simple coordinate that looks nice to an original one which final look is debatable, any day.

5 comentários:

  1. "Old school lolita" makes me feel really old. :P

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I actually agree and understand when you say people are trying to be different within a style that is already different, but sometimes going always "by-the-book" gets boring.. I'm kind of in this phase where those cute/elegant clean looks don't satisfy me anymore and I wanna try perk things up and give it a twist.
    I've always admired your originality, and also your simplicity in some outfits, but I guess everyone sometimes have that "screw it, I'm gonna mix everything I love in this outfit" feeling and take that so called originality to an extreme :P

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'm also not against that as long as it looks good and that person does actually also wear/appreciate a clean, simple, elegant outfit.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Ahah, Takamatsu sensei will ask me more questions and I am screwed xD
    I am kiding, he always gets sure that everyone have their shot (especially when someone is distracted xD).
    You are right about that. I imagine the amount of people who pass by and don't buy anything because they think "Oh this is so pretty but I guess this is not for me". I was one of that persons but now I buy what I like, as long as I have money resources of course. I would love to visit your store more times and support your little business <3 you always have cute and not so expensive things I like <3
    About your post and Hanabira's comment... My opinion is between you both, I mean, sometimes there are so much originality that I can't see Lolita in their outfits ! In the other way, sometimes the simplest outfits, specially the sweet ones, can't kept my attention and I skip them.

    ResponderEliminar